flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thermosman suspensions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pitboy

pitboy

Thermosman suspensions Empty
PostSubject: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2008, 22:02

Didn't know if you guys knew or not but most of you who have roadraced the big bikes know who Thermosman is. He also does mini bikes as well. Just thought you all should know. Thermosman is the guy all the other suspension guys call when they cant solve the problem. He's in a league of his own.

Revalve stock shock for RR'g
New shock spring for 185lb for RR'g
New seals and fluid in shock
Rework forks for RR'g and install emulators
new .46 springs in forks
new seals in forks.
everything done and ready to bolt up was $600 including parts for my KX65.
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2008, 22:40

how much for just the front?
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
pitboy

pitboy

PostSubject: Re: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02 2008, 23:04

Didn't really get a break down but he quoted me $250 for the shock and spring so I would assume that the front end would be $350. You'ld have to call him and ask. He's a real nice guy and always willing to talk to you about the bike and different options. I should have everything back this weekend (depending on UPS) and hope to take it out and give it a try.
Back to top Go down
pitboy

pitboy

PostSubject: Re: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03 2008, 21:06

Got the suspension back today and put it all back on this afternoon. FEELS GREAT!!!! Just pushing on it I like the feel a lot. Wheels and all went right on, thanks Walter for that. Mounted my Vee Rubber slicks also and everything is ready to go. I wont get a chance to ride and put it through its paces until tomorrow but here's how it looks now.

Thermosman suspensions New-kx65
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03 2008, 21:40

Looks good! did you mounted new brake pads? how does the front brake feel?
Back to top Go down
pitboy

pitboy

PostSubject: Re: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03 2008, 22:23

Brakes feel good but I need to install a stainless steel line tomorrow probably. still has a bit of squish in it but I know thats from the stock line.
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03 2008, 23:22

if you didn't install new brake pads it will take a while untill they realy grab the new rotor.
Back to top Go down
pitboy

pitboy

PostSubject: Re: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05 2008, 18:46

Well I took the bike out today and put it to work. Compared to my other kx which has a great deal more $$$ in suspension this bike is easily as good and only cost $600. I could not be happier, this bike handles awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thermosman suspensions   Thermosman suspensions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thermosman suspensions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
flamra :: Flamra forum :: General discussion-
Jump to: