flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Round 2 overview

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

Round 2 overview Empty
PostSubject: Round 2 overview   Round 2 overview Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2009, 17:51

I want to thank all of you who made it to Miami GP to be part of an exciting race weekend, we had a really nice event, I was a little worried due to the last minute change of venue but at the end everything went OK, we had over 40 racers, many of them new to FLAMRA including the Kosan Brothers from Melbourne,FL, more riders from everything motorcycle and team basset from Orlando.
it was a nice beautiful shiny day until supermini riders saw the green flag, then some serious heavy rain started to fall, by lap 6 we had very strong winds and 3" of water on some areas of the track so we had to call it over, anyways it was the most exciting race of the day, with fierce battles for the top positions to the last turn.
After about 45" it was shiny again and about half an hour later when the track was in OK condition supermoto expert started, we enjoyed a spectacular battle for 1st place on a wet track.
T150 was also run after the rain and unfortunately the spec class was the one that couldn't happen because many of the riders left during or after the storm (I don't blame them, it was nasty), I guess nobody could imagine it was going to get shiny again.
Overall I believe It's been a great event, Hope everyone enjoyed it.
Again thank you for making it possible by being part of it.
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
karloz

karloz

Round 2 overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 overview   Round 2 overview Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15 2009, 22:44

Damn! It was raining so freakin hard I thought it was over so I left. It's too bad the spec guys couldn't run, that was the race I was hoping to see the most.

P.S. Walter, do you guys pick the dates for the rounds based on the availability of the other tracks or can you choose whatever dates you want throughout the year?

I ask because I would think there would be a much larger crowd showing up to race if the weather was friendlier. The cooler months (September to early March) would bring out more racers and there would be much less chances of rain.
Back to top Go down
ShawnBassett26

ShawnBassett26

Round 2 overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 overview   Round 2 overview Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17 2009, 19:28

It was really fun. We both had issues with are bikes and didn't do as well as we hoped but was a lot of fun. Defiantly see ya next round. Hopefully we will be in full force. After our last race we pulled into our pit and started to pack up and we were just about packed up to go finish watching the races and the flood gates opened! Im really surprised that they were racing. Thanks again for having us and a great venue!
~Shawn @ BMS
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.BassettMotorSport.COM
2wheelDuke

Round 2 overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 overview   Round 2 overview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2009, 21:11

ShawnBassett26 wrote:
It was really fun. We both had issues with are bikes and didn't do as well as we hoped but was a lot of fun. Defiantly see ya next round. Hopefully we will be in full force. After our last race we pulled into our pit and started to pack up and we were just about packed up to go finish watching the races and the flood gates opened! Im really surprised that they were racing. Thanks again for having us and a great venue!
~Shawn @ BMS

I guess that's part of racing, I know I've had my share of mechanical issues in my short time doing this. I remember somebody really ripping on a little black 10" CRF style, I thought that was you. If that's when it's not running right, I'd hate to go against it when it is. Who was that in the "rising sun" helmet with a Basset sticker on their bike in F2? My header nuts backed off and my pipe fell off in that race, and we really had quite a battle for a while.

My dad was having a difficult day too. His fuel pump died on his way to come watch, so I had to run out at lunch to go pick him and his bike up off I95. That's why there was suddenly a Ducati in the back of my truck.

I don't know how many were signed up for spec, but I hope it didn't shortchange anyone when I left early. I wasn't sure if there was an end to the weather in sight when I bailed.
Back to top Go down
ShawnBassett26

ShawnBassett26

Round 2 overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 overview   Round 2 overview Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18 2009, 22:19

I was on the 10" CRF style bike with the carbon body panels with the Rising Sun Helmet. I not making up any excuses as i had a blast, but my carb was all out of wack and i messed with my suspension before a came and was just not right... The other guy that was with me was on a Blacl and Carbon KLX110. Ill be ready next time im out. 2wheelduke, was a good little battle we had i could here ya Smile
~Shawn @ BMS
Back to top Go down
2wheelDuke

Round 2 overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 overview   Round 2 overview Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19 2009, 12:01

ShawnBassett26 wrote:
I was on the 10" CRF style bike with the carbon body panels with the Rising Sun Helmet. I not making up any excuses as i had a blast, but my carb was all out of wack and i messed with my suspension before a came and was just not right... The other guy that was with me was on a Blacl and Carbon KLX110. Ill be ready next time im out. 2wheelduke, was a good little battle we had i could here ya Smile
~Shawn @ BMS

With my exhaust off, I'm sure you could hear me lol!

The bike felt horrible during the F2 race, I'm curious to see my lap times compared to Novice. I know how you feel, I was battling with some carb issues in round 1. The other guy's KLX with the Yosh pipe looked like it should have been much faster. We've all got plenty of time to tune up for round 3 now cheers
Back to top Go down
ShawnBassett26

ShawnBassett26

Round 2 overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 overview   Round 2 overview Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19 2009, 12:18

Yeah that was TJ on the KLX. We just couldn't get his bike together quick enough. We ordered him a new set of TT92 and they just didnt get here in time. He was forced to run a stock carb last second as we were having issues with his 26mm. Oh well, but like you said we we have plenty of time till round 3 to get it right. See ya there!
~Shawn @ BMS
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Round 2 overview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Round 2 overview   Round 2 overview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Round 2 overview
Page 1 of 1