flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for info on how to get started

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CJMJ

Looking for info on how to get started Empty
PostSubject: Looking for info on how to get started   Looking for info on how to get started Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05 2010, 20:25

Hi,

I'm new to this and would like to speak with someone about getting my son started in racing. If you have information on the next race so we can check it out that would be great.

Also, if you just got started yourself this season I would like to hear your thoughts and lessons learned.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on how to get started   Looking for info on how to get started Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08 2010, 00:51

I'll be happy to help you geting your kid started, give me a call 786 344 2686 Walter.
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
shortyr6

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on how to get started   Looking for info on how to get started Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24 2010, 20:00

same here. i have a 7 yr old that has raced MX and hare scrambles for 3 yrs now. he is interested in racing on the pavement.

he just aged out of the mini bikes, so he is no longer racing his crf50 or ktm jr. he is now training on his kx65 and ktm 50 sr.

what are good bikes to start on for road racing?

also when is the next race we can come watch or participate in

his website is here www.hookit.com//members/camerontrommater
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on how to get started   Looking for info on how to get started Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25 2010, 12:46

The 50 Sr and 65 are perfect bikes for a 7 y/o, the 50 will allow you to hit the track with just changing the tires (Dunlop tt92). The 65 will need wider rims, I have experience on those 2 bikes, i can give you advise on how to do it and I can help you get all the parts needed, I can even give you a set of good tires for the 50, where are you located?

Back to top Go down
shortyr6

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on how to get started   Looking for info on how to get started Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29 2010, 20:21

flamra75 wrote:
The 50 Sr and 65 are perfect bikes for a 7 y/o, the 50 will allow you to hit the track with just changing the tires (Dunlop tt92). The 65 will need wider rims, I have experience on those 2 bikes, i can give you advise on how to do it and I can help you get all the parts needed, I can even give you a set of good tires for the 50, where are you located?

we are in Tampa.

I was thinking of either setting up his CRF50 or finding a bike that is already in race trim.

Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on how to get started   Looking for info on how to get started Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01 2010, 10:57

If you want I can send you a set of tires to put on your 50, you just pay the shipping, let me know if you are interested.
you can call me anytime 786 344 3686
Walter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for info on how to get started   Looking for info on how to get started Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for info on how to get started
Page 1 of 1