flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pitboy

pitboy

Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65?   Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 10:27

Just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with running anything other then the stock carb on the KX65?
Back to top Go down
Evan_88

Evan_88

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65?   Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 14:19

I have a kx85 with a rm85 carb...same carb but im not sure about the jets. I found this tutorial online telling you how to jet your bike...maybe it can help you. Give it a try.
http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasaki-motocross-offroad/17227-spankeys-jetting-guide-info-2-stroke-riders-must-have.html
Back to top Go down
pitboy

pitboy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65?   Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 19:30

Thanks, that guide is very helpful. What I was really looking for was if anyone has ever used anything other then the stock carb on a KX65 though. I was thinking about a PWK28 or VM26 or something a bit larger then the stock VM24ss that comes on the KX65's.
Back to top Go down
Evan_88

Evan_88

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65?   Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 21:00

i had a feeling that wasnt what you were looking for but its the best jetting guide i have found. my bike is down right now because i am waiting on my cylinder to be shipped back to me and my carb is off the bike. you can try it out on your bike if you want. i live real close to the track. let me know
Back to top Go down
pitboy

pitboy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65?   Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16 2009, 23:16

Maybe at the next motard night. I live about 3 hours from the track so its a bit of a hike for me. We try to get out there as often as we can. Thanks I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65?   Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried anything other then the stock carb on a KX65?
Page 1 of 1