flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE Empty
PostSubject: Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE   Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 11:29

Most of the people who knows me knows that for the last 4 years I’ve been committed to keep the track open for bikes every single Saturday, it’s been great to see so many people come and have fun specially kids that I’ve seen grow all this time, in this “traditional” Saturday night hang out, I hate to have to say this but unfortunately our “every Saturday” practice may not be anymore, it’s been a long time since we don’t see a good turnout, and remember this is a business and the owner wants to make money, he finally got tired of the track not making money Saturday nights and decided to use it for go-karts so that’s what he’s doing , he said it’s going to be 2 Saturday s a month for now and I think if it works good then he’ll do it every Saturday.
I know these are tough times and a lot of people may have had to reduce spending, I just hope is not that they just lost interest, however if you would like to see the track open for bikes in the future, then come and use it now.
Maybe the good side of this is that it will be more fun being a bunch of riders every other Saturday instead of a very few every Saturday, then if the go-karts start to run every Saturday we may have to do it on Sundays and deal with the heat, I don’t know will see what happens.
Next practice will be September 12 september 19, see you guys.

Last edited by flamra75 on Thu Sep 10 2009, 00:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
P3RACER

P3RACER

PostSubject: Re: Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE   Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02 2009, 15:58

I think something to get larger groups of riders to show up would be better. Something like every other saturday. We just need to keep spreading the word and getting peole to just RIDE. Why let the bikes sit and collect dust in the garage.
Back to top Go down
2wheelDuke

PostSubject: Re: Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE   Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03 2009, 00:07

I'm sorry to hear that practice is not going weekly anymore.

I can't speak for the others, but I know my excuse. I can't wait until I'm on a rotation that gives me the chance to hit the track again.

Maybe every other week will be for the better and will help turnout. I'll have to see how my time off bank is doing when I go back to work on Friday and see when I can get on the track again. I need a fix!
Back to top Go down
2wheelDuke

PostSubject: Re: Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE   Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04 2009, 11:56

Also, I may be in the minority here, but starting on Sunday, October 11th, I'll be off on Sundays again. So if we switch to Sundays for October, I'll be in good shape.

If I get time today, I'll also see if I can put in to have off September 12th. September 11th is police vs. fire fight night at the Hard Rock. I'd planned on taking a day off so I could go watch the fights, but a trackday may be more important to me since I'm not getting any seat time lately.
Back to top Go down
karloz

karloz

PostSubject: Re: Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE   Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06 2009, 02:29

I am off every other saturady, but I have not been able to go since everytime I am off it rains. I have only been able to go like 4 times this whole summer. I wanted to go yesterday, the 5th, but it was sprinkling and there were puddles everywhere so I didn't even bother calling walter to see if they were riding.

Walter, have you guys been having turnout issues since before the hot/rainy summer or since the summer began? I think it will pick up a bit during the cooler/dryer months that are coming up.

I know that if it wasn't for the stupid rain, my wife and I would have been there every other saturday this summer. Sundays would suck for me cuz I am not used to wearing full leathers in 100 degree heat with high humidity No But if it will be the only day that we can ride I will just downgrade to a mesh jacket and make the best of it.

If it's not raining on the 12th, my wife and I will surely be there.
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE   Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10 2009, 00:31

there's a new schedule for the saturday practices, we had to move this saturday practice to next saturday (sep 19) sorry if this ruins somebody's plans. check it out.
https://flamra.forumakers.com/general-discussion-f3/miamigp-practice-schedule-t239.htm
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE   Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miami GP practice NOT EVERY SATURDAY ANYMORE
Page 1 of 1