flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

April 2 PBIR practice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

April 2   PBIR practice Empty
PostSubject: April 2 PBIR practice   April 2   PBIR practice Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 13:32

As most of you may know PBIR kart track is now operated by MRP Motorsport, I've been talking to them trying to get their track open for us, bellow I copied the email I recieved from the manager:

"Walter,
The MRP karting track would be open for Motard Practice on Friday April 2nd, 2010 from 5:00 PM to 10:OO PM. In order to be able to make this possible Paramedic rescue would have to be present at a cost of $250.00 for that time frame, this expense has to be covered by the Motard group, we don't normally have Rescue on Friday nights, only for special events and we consider Motards a special event. The cost per practice participant would be $35.00 practice fee plus a $10.00 pit pass. All crew or spectators would also require a $10.00 pit pass. If this practice is a success with the number of participants, I will be happy to work out a schedule for the remainder of the year with the Motards having a regular practice and race schedule at MRP at PBIR. Our Speed Karts and Super N35 Speed Karts have been extremely successful and I need to keep a balance of the times that the track is not open for those programs as well. I feel that Sunday mornings from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM would be a good option for your racing program, gates would open at 7:00 AM for arrival and parking and track would go hot at 8:00 AM. Thank you and I look forward to a successful practice day with your group.
Best regards,"

On my last phone conversation they agreed to pay half of the rescue cost, so now we need to cover $125, if we get 20 riders each one would have to pay $2.5 + $35 + 10 = $47.5
I know it's more than what we pay at Opa Locka but if we want to have the chance to ride something different, like this Hi-Class track we'll have to pay the price and remember this practice day will be for bikes only (we wont have to share the track time with go karts)
I know it maybe painful to pay almost $50 to practice but they want to see numbers, maybe when they get to see 100 bikes show up the price will be lower, but for now I can tell you: if they don't see enough bikes they will not even bother trying, and will instead keep doing what brings them easy hassle free money: GO KARTS.
This being said I encourage everyone to attend this practice; it will be a lot of fun and will make for the future of mini roadracing in Florida as if they see a good turn out they will work with FLAMRA in a race schedule.
See you there
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
2wheelDuke

PostSubject: Re: April 2 PBIR practice   April 2   PBIR practice Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 13:48

I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays now. I haven't had my leathers on since the final 2009 round, so I'm dying for some ride time.
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: April 2 PBIR practice   April 2   PBIR practice Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26 2010, 13:58

2wheelDuke wrote:
I'm off on Fridays and Saturdays now. I haven't had my leathers on since the final 2009 round, so I'm dying for some ride time.
yeah Duke it's been a long time, are you in?
there's 6 new spec bike riders waiting for this track day so looks like you will have a lot of fun, good to see you back!!!
Back to top Go down
realfastbill_155

realfastbill_155

PostSubject: Re: April 2 PBIR practice   April 2   PBIR practice Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06 2010, 08:15

Well, I went and it was great. Good turnout and the new operators seem eager to work with us. I was talking to the guy that may be handing the motard operations. We talked about all the crap that's happened in the past, and what it's going to take to win back our trust. Starting with not canceling last minute. A couple times last year we got to the gates only to find out that the bikes wouldn't be running.
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: April 2 PBIR practice   April 2   PBIR practice Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16 2010, 10:16

Yes, we're working a on motard program with practices and races, hope they continue this way. I will keep you guys posted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2 PBIR practice   April 2   PBIR practice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

April 2 PBIR practice
Page 1 of 1