flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moroso Canceled!?!?

Go down 
+3
flamra75
Jared #4
realfastbill_155
7 posters
AuthorMessage
realfastbill_155

realfastbill_155

Moroso Canceled!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 11:18

I just read over on the SEMRA forum that the Moroso round has been canceled due to the construction.

http://semra.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3196

Appearentlt Dave Cabrera told John that the construction won't be done, yet Moroso has events scheduled for October 1st. Sounds fishy, especially since Moroso has ceased pracitce night as of a few weeks ago until October, yet they have still been holding Autocross events on the kart track.

Mad
Back to top Go down
Jared #4

Jared #4

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2008, 22:34

yea me and my brother kevin have (i ride the number 4 65 and he rides the number 5 150) been looking forward to the semra race for a while and now its cancelled. on the moroso website it says the kart track is closed due to many improvements and they show what its supposed to look like when there done and all there doing is getting rid of the first three turns

im sure all moroso riders are dissapointed to say the least Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2008, 12:07

Jared #4 wrote:
yea me and my brother kevin have (i ride the number 4 65 and he rides the number 5 150) been looking forward to the semra race for a while and now its cancelled. on the moroso website it says the kart track is closed due to many improvements and they show what its supposed to look like when there done and all there doing is getting rid of the first three turns

That really sucks!!! For me, the best part of the track.
I was so exited about receiving the SEMRA people at home, now I just hope they move that race to a near track maybe Monticello, and that our people make the trip which is a 6 hs drive, I know for some of our guys that sounds too far, but if you want to experience 1st class mini racing you need to travel, plus the track is something you can’t find around here. SEMRA race @ Moroso was going to be a miracle (so close) almost too good to be true.
For now lets focus on our first FLAMRA race September 21 @ Miami, and will se what happens next.
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
Semra46

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2008, 13:35

flamra75 wrote:
Jared #4 wrote:

That really sucks!!! For me, the best part of the track.
I was so exited about receiving the SEMRA people at home, now I just hope they move that race to a near track maybe Monticello, and that our people make the trip which is a 6 hs drive, I know for some of our guys that sounds too far, but if you want to experience 1st class mini racing you need to travel, plus the track is something you can’t find around here. SEMRA race @ Moroso was going to be a miracle (so close) almost too good to be true.
For now lets focus on our first FLAMRA race September 21 @ Miami, and will se what happens next.

Working on Jacksonville. I got the OK from County Offices Jacksonville Friday, but have to do all scheduling through North Florida Kart Club. Carol was sending me contact info. Keep you fingers crossed. I do not want to let the Florida racers down and I am working hard to do what I can. To say I was upset about David not calling me about the situation would be an understatement. I found out about it last week while Walter and I were eating breakfast in Wisconsin. I called David before I even finished breakfast!

John
Back to top Go down
Semra46

PostSubject: Moroso moved to Monticello   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2008, 09:34

Well, we have confirmation. The Moroso round has been moved to Monticello. There will be a Monticello run Trackday on saturday October 11th. Cost will be $50. There will be 4 practice groups, running 15 minute sessions each, so you should get tons of practice.
Semra will be running the races Sunday. JC says we can run the full course! I really did want to schedule something closer for you S. Florida guys, but Moroso did not give me any notice. None. Zip squat zero. Nada.

I hope to see you all there. It should be a big race, as our series champions will be determined and Championship plates awarded at this race. Again, my S. Forida brothers, I apologize for having to move the race.

John
Back to top Go down
sabry418

sabry418

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2008, 10:07

Semra46 wrote:
Well, we have confirmation. The Moroso round has been moved to Monticello. There will be a Monticello run Trackday on saturday October 11th. Cost will be $50. There will be 4 practice groups, running 15 minute sessions each, so you should get tons of practice.
Semra will be running the races Sunday. JC says we can run the full course! I really did want to schedule something closer for you S. Florida guys, but Moroso did not give me any notice. None. Zip squat zero. Nada.

I hope to see you all there. It should be a big race, as our series champions will be determined and Championship plates awarded at this race. Again, my S. Forida brothers, I apologize for having to move the race.

John

See you at Monticello... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.flamra.com
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22 2008, 13:23

Thank you John for keeping us informed.
I love that track!!!
Back to top Go down
BikeRacer

BikeRacer

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2008, 20:11

Hey guys,
I have news : David Cabrera has been fired! silent
Back to top Go down
http://www.GabrielDaSilva.com
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2008, 11:06

Moroso is going through deep changes, the whole motorsport park has just been sold.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Local Automotive and Racing Enthusiasts Purchase
Legendary Moroso Motorsports Park ™

Multi-Million Dollar Initial Investment in Track and Facility Upgrades at “All New Moroso Motorsports Park”--

JUPITER, FL (AUGUST, 2008) – A triad of local automotive and racing enthusiasts, Raymond Graziotto, Joseph G. Lubeck and J.C. Solomon II, announced today the purchase of Moroso Motorsports Park ™. The partnership is making a multi-million dollar investment in track and facility
upgrades to the legendary Moroso Motorsports Park ™, previously owned and operated since 1981 by the renowned Moroso racing family.

Initial changes include all new bathrooms and concessions, and a new track layout that will allow for simultaneous use of the new Road Course and Drag Strip. The “All New Moroso Motorsports Park” will reopen in the Fall 2008, under new ownership and management. Moroso Motorsports Park ™ will continue to be open to the public after its grand reopening at 17047 Beeline Highway, Jupiter, FL. For more information contact Kelly Birkenhauer, VP Sales, 561-622-1400. Moroso Motorsports Park - Home Moroso Motorsports Park ™ 17047 Beeline Highway, Jupiter, FL 33478 Moroso Motorsports Park - Home 561-622-1400

"We are very proud to have entered into this venture, building upon the legendary foundation that is the Moroso racing family history,” said Joseph G. Lubeck. “As automotive and racing enthusiasts, we know the all new Moroso Motorsports Park ™ to be the ideal motorsports property. We are also proud to announce the Palm Beach Driving Club which will create a Club environment for amateurs and enthusiasts to exercise their cars on a real racetrack.”

The new partnership team is collaborating with world-renowned track and amenities designers in the formation of a 5 Star landmark racing, family fun and tourism destination. Industry expert Wayne McMurtry is consulting for the All New Moroso Motorsports reconstruction project. McMurtry has a
proven history developing premium drag strips. George Case, one of the most well-respected track operators in the country, is the new Vice President, Drag Racing Operations. The brand new Road Course is designed by in-house experts overseen by world-class Road Course Engineer, Martyn
Thake. In addition, the Moroso Motorsports Park ™ team has employed Brian Prowell, a renowned Asphalt Engineer to design the surface of the Road Course for the application and the South Florida climate. The newly modernized Kart Center has made a myriad of changes aimed at servicing the rental Go Kart market.

“I am excited about the continuation of the Moroso legacy and am looking forward to my continuing role as a consultant and trusted advisor to the Park,” said former owner, Susan Moroso Strecker. “With the revitalization of the property, Moroso Motorsports Park ™ is a most luxurious and heartpounding experience for racing and family fun.”

Moroso Motorsports Park ™
17047 Beeline Highway, Jupiter, FL 33478
Moroso Motorsports Park - Home
561-622-1400

Moroso MotorSports Park ™ Offers:

• Moroso Motorsports Park ™ - 220 acres of wooded property in NW Palm Beach County, open year round, hosting over 1,000 events, road races, concerts and festivals annually.

• A 2.0-mile eleven-turn Road Course, an all concrete NHRA sanctioned ¼-mile state-of-the-art Drag Strip, 8/10 mile Kart Track, RallyCross, Drifting and Pocket Bike facilities. Aluminum spectator grandstands.

• A newly reconfigured 40 foot wide, 2-mile Road Course, adhering to the highest FIA safety standards, and featuring several areas of paved run-off. Soft wall barriers to compliment the tire barriers and concrete walls. Road Course enhanced with the addition of lights to allow for night testing as well as 24-hour around the course events.

• A new all concrete Drag Strip, featuring concrete retaining walls extending all the way to the shutdown area.

• A Compulink Fiber Optic timing and scoring system, with new LED lights.

• The Palm Beach Driving Club is a private equity Driving Club, the first of its kind in the Southeastern United States.

• Permanent rest rooms, concession stands, all new merchandising and souvenirs.

• On-site Kart Storage, Service and Sales.

• Private Coaching. “Street Smarts” Defensive Driving School. On-site Road Racing School, and a 200' x 300' asphalt skid pad.

• Phase II: Clubhouse, Locker Rooms, Private and Public Restaurants, and multiple lounges.

• “Club Garages” – to accommodate the ultimate in convenient on-site vehicle storage.

• A 40,000 square foot Drivers’ Pavilion offering a mix of private and public-use spaces for visitors and racers. The Drivers’ Pavilion offers a complete country club experience with Clubhouse, restaurant & bar for after racing socializing.

• A “Members Only” portion of the pavilion with locker rooms and an observation deck.

Moroso Motorsports Park ™ is located on over 200 acres of wooded property in NW Palm Beach County. With auto racing being the #1 spectator sport in the country, events at the Park draw an estimated one million people per year, with media coverage impacting several million more. Moroso Motorsports Park has previously created an economic impact on Palm Beach County and surrounding areas in excess of $25 million. The All New Moroso Motorsports Park has projected to double that figure. In addition to the myriad of motorsports events, the park is also used for parties, defensive driving schools, festivals, corporate ride and drives, concerts and racing schools.

Moroso Motorsports Park's Road Course hosts Championship Cup Series (CCS), Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), Radical of Florida Inc. Racing School, Skip Barber Racing School, the Ferrari Cavallino Classic, Porsche BMW Owner's Club (PBOC), the Florida Sportscar Championship - the first Moroso - produced Road Racing Series complete with a cash payout, as well as car club events, Florida Sportbike Trackdays, and television productions such as Pinks All Out and Miami Ink. In addition Moroso is open year-round for private rentals.
Moroso Motorsports Park - Home

Corporate Contact: Kelly Birkenhauer, Vice President, Sales, Moroso Motorsports Park ™
561-622-1400

Media Contact: Leslie McKerns, McKerns Development, specializes in strategic marketing, press and media relations mckerns@mckernsdevelopment.com; McKerns Development Press and PR | Strategic Press PR Marketing and Business Development

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10 2008, 15:07

flamra75 wrote:
I love that track!!!

That's because you dominate there!

See you soon, Walter.

John
Back to top Go down
gotime25

gotime25

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12 2008, 20:53

Semra46 wrote:
flamra75 wrote:
I love that track!!!

That's because you dominate there!

See you soon, Walter.

John

exactly, WALTER! Why do you have to be so fast jocolor
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2008, 09:59

Shocked Are you guys talking about me? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gotime25

gotime25

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17 2008, 22:34

flamra75 wrote:
Shocked Are you guys talking about me? Rolling Eyes

Uhm................... yeah........ lol!

good luck this weekend Walter, hope you have a great turn-out! i would love to be there but I have two races 2 weeks apart starting the first weekend of Oct. and I will be at Deals Gap this weekend tearing up the twisty's on the Viffer Very Happy Don't go too fast Walter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moroso Canceled!?!?   Moroso Canceled!?!? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moroso Canceled!?!?
Page 1 of 1