flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KX65 sleeve or replating?????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pitboy

pitboy

KX65 sleeve or replating????? Empty
PostSubject: KX65 sleeve or replating?????   KX65 sleeve or replating????? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29 2008, 22:37

I got a KX65 and some idiot never put the clip back in one side of the piston wrist pin and the pin ended up grinding a groove into my cylinder. I thought about having it bored but I cant exceed 65cc for the class I am running the bike it. I have looked around on ebay for a used cylinder but they aren't very plentiful. I thought about having a sleeve installed. There are several people on ebay selling sleeves and advertise them as being better then replatting a cylinder. I am somewhat ignorant on 2-strokes and was wondering if anyone had any experience with the sleeving and if it was a good alternative to buying a new cylinder.
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: KX65 sleeve or replating?????   KX65 sleeve or replating????? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30 2008, 23:07

I wouldn't put a sleeve on a race bike, I bought my rm85 with deep groves on the cylinder, I gave it to Mr. Zambrana he did his magic to the ports and then sent it to millennium to re do the nickasil for stock piston size. since the first time I rode it I could tell It was way faster than a supersport 65, even I still have stock reeds and pipe. ran it every saturday for a couple of months and then I got 3rd in f2 and f3 at the nationals behind Nate, (Carlo doesn't count) I can assure you I had more power, too bad my suspension was bone stock, but the conclusion is: I've got a super fast 65 by just the engine, no Vforce no pro circuit, and after many many hours without any problem I still very happy with it, I recommend you to do the same, can't remember exactly how much it cost but I think it was a bit under $200 for the replating + whatever Zambrana charges for his porting job, I can find out the prices for you during the week.
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
pitboy

pitboy

PostSubject: Re: KX65 sleeve or replating?????   KX65 sleeve or replating????? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01 2008, 21:54

Sure Walter, if you could find out what Zambrana charges I would like to know. I tried to call them once and talk to them about rebuilding the motor but I dont speak spanish and they weren't speaking any english Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KX65 sleeve or replating?????   KX65 sleeve or replating????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KX65 sleeve or replating?????
Page 1 of 1