flamra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
flamra

The Florida Mini Roadracing Association forum: Here you'll find all the info about minimoto, motard and supermoto racing in Florida

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Congrats for FLAMRA first race!

Go down 
+5
sabry418
P3RACER
techs
roadracer618
realfastbill_155
9 posters
AuthorMessage
realfastbill_155

realfastbill_155

Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Empty
PostSubject: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2008, 07:02

I'd just like to be one of the first to congratulate Walter, Sabrina, and Fernando on an excellent first race for FLAMRA. You guys certainly had a few problems pop up, but you handled it quickly and professionaly. I don't think I heard one complaint all day!

I had a great time, thanks. Can't wait until the next round.

I think I'm still wired from all the Red Bull! Smile
Back to top Go down
roadracer618

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2008, 07:51

I also wanted to say thanks. Like bill said aside from a few growing pains things worked out well. I had a great time and I'm looking forward to the next race.

I also wanted to say thanks to Steve and Chuck for all the hard work. Those guys worked really hard all day to make it happen.

Thank All!!!

Tony Diaz
Back to top Go down
techs

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2008, 12:59

yeah it was a great race. id like to see a post of the results!
Back to top Go down
techs

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2008, 13:16

and pictures!! hahaha
Back to top Go down
P3RACER

P3RACER

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2008, 13:49

can't thank Walter and the rest of the crew enough for putting on a great event!!! It was a blast!!! Hope there will be more races in the future. Cody had a great first race and wants to do it again!!

Last edited by P3RACER on Tue Sep 23 2008, 10:00; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sabry418

sabry418

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2008, 15:28

I would like to thank everybody for being part of our FLAMRA first event. I hope everybody had a good time; I want to thank the people who helped us, like corner workers, tech inspector & flag man, announcer, spectators, our sponsors, P3, Thumpstar, Palmetto, Spectro Oil and Red Bull for the awesome set up, DJ, and all the cool stuff they brought. I look forward to do it again

Thanks Again to everybody hope to see you all soon.
Here's the link for the pictures

https://s534.photobucket.com/albums/ee347/flamra/Race/?albumview=slideshow

Last edited by sabry84 on Tue Sep 23 2008, 09:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flamra.com
joemarkt

PostSubject: a lot of fun !!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2008, 18:46

Again, congratulations to Walter,Sabri, Fernandito, and everybody involved in this event.
My friend Rui and myself had a really fun day at the track !
Everything was cool, colorfull and friendly.
I hope to join you guys again at the next race.
Please let me know where I can see pictures of the big bikes.
If anybody took a pictures of number 5x ( blue ktm) please send me an email to joemarkt@msn.com
ok lijas, la pase superbien
abrazo fuerte
alex
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2008, 14:30

I had a blast!!! Loved the DJ (wish at least once a month we would have him on saturday nighs) and all the atmosphere was super cool... (well, there was some confusion in the begining, but all the problems were solved very quickly) cheers cheers Good job guys!!!! Everyone was very friendly and suportive.... Im extremely happy and impressed that our little Opa Locka track can host this kind of event.
To the ones who have not been there: YOU MISSED A LOT lol!
Back to top Go down
techs

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2008, 18:49

does anyone have the results?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2008, 18:42

i followed the link to see the pictures, but havent seen a single phot from shootout or novice race Question scratch .. Will there be more pictures?
Back to top Go down
sabry418

sabry418

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2008, 19:29

chichia wrote:
i followed the link to see the pictures, but havent seen a single phot from shootout or novice race Question scratch .. Will there be more pictures?

I will check.
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: quick report   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2008, 21:52

I’m very happy to announce our first event has been a absolute success, I could never imagine it could come up that good, the weather helped with a beautiful shiny (a little bit hot) day. Most of the competitors showed up early to set up a paddock that looked like AMA, red bull set us up with all their cool stuff like flat screens with Xbox 360 to play moto GP, those huge umbrellas, tables, the world famous red bull arch, the DJ who played awesome music all day, and of course plenty of free red bull for everybody.
After some delay practices started and we could see there was great races coming, the class flow in and out the track wasn’t as smooth as we’d like because we could only got to work 12 out of the 50 transponders so we had to stop everybody exiting the track to remove their transponder and zip tie it to a bike running the next session, all this took us time, work and about a ton of zip ties but everything was worth it, everybody was happy you could see people dancing to the beat of the fabulous music.

Mini races started with the kids, they put on a great show, by this time spectators had crowded the whole facility, everybody was cheering and yelling, a lot of spectators could not believe kids that young are able to race bikes (we have Gaby 4 and Dylan 6 y/o). Race is over and everyone is smiling spectators and riders.
The rest of the mini classes ran smooth and also offered some interesting battles.
Then the supermotos got everybody’s attention as soon as they started their engines, we saw a rider stall his bike at the start line and another one go over the bars on turn 5 trying not to hit the rear wheel of the bike ahead of him.
Finally the race you should not miss, the “SHOOT OUT” where everything goes, the fastest riders not matter what they ride, after an elbow to elbow battle checkered flag saw 2 SM fallowed by a mini all of them where so close. All three rode their machines straight to the podium where 3 ice cold bottles were waiting for the ultimate winners, a lot of people got splashed, some ran away but all of us definitely had a blast.
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com
sabry418

sabry418

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2008, 22:07

flamra75 wrote:
I’m very happy to announce our first event has been a absolute success, I could never imagine it could come up that good, the weather helped with a beautiful shiny (a little bit hot) day. Most of the competitors showed up early to set up a paddock that looked like AMA, red bull set us up with all their cool stuff like flat screens with Xbox 360 to play moto GP, those huge umbrellas, tables, the world famous red bull arch, the DJ who played awesome music all day, and of course plenty of free red bull for everybody.
After some delay practices started and we could see there was great races coming, the class flow in and out the track wasn’t as smooth as we’d like because we could only got to work 12 out of the 50 transponders so we had to stop everybody exiting the track to remove their transponder and zip tie it to a bike running the next session, all this took us time, work and about a ton of zip ties but everything was worth it, everybody was happy you could see people dancing to the beat of the fabulous music.

Mini races started with the kids, they put on a great show, by this time spectators had crowded the whole facility, everybody was cheering and yelling, a lot of spectators could not believe kids that young are able to race bikes (we have Gaby 4 and Dylan 6 y/o). Race is over and everyone is smiling spectators and riders.
The rest of the mini classes ran smooth and also offered some interesting battles.
Then the supermotos got everybody’s attention as soon as they started their engines, we saw a rider stall his bike at the start line and another one go over the bars on turn 5 trying not to hit the rear wheel of the bike ahead of him.
Finally the race you should not miss, the “SHOOT OUT” where everything goes, the fastest riders not matter what they ride, after an elbow to elbow battle checkered flag saw 2 SM fallowed by a mini all of them where so close. All three rode their machines straight to the podium where 3 ice cold bottles were waiting for the ultimate winners, a lot of people got splashed, some ran away but all of us definitely had a blast.

We work hard for a great event baby... We Rock!!!
Back to top Go down
BikeRacer

BikeRacer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25 2008, 01:39

Thanks Walter and Sabryna!And Congratulations!!!

Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Racing13

Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Racing14

Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Racing15
Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Racing18

More pictures:
http://app.onlinephotofiler.com/GalleryThumbnails.aspx?gallery=125403&page=2
Back to top Go down
http://www.GabrielDaSilva.com
BikeRacer

BikeRacer

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25 2008, 12:32

Sorry!!Pictures :
http://photos.gabrieldasilva.com/GalleryThumbnails.aspx?gallery=125403
Back to top Go down
http://www.GabrielDaSilva.com
realfastbill_155

realfastbill_155

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25 2008, 23:25

Here's a short video with some of the Adult Novice and Formula 2 race. Sorry the quality is so crappy, next time will be better. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57JrP3DuV0I
Back to top Go down
#21 Alex Sosa

#21 Alex Sosa

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26 2008, 03:31

did you take any pics??
Back to top Go down
realfastbill_155

realfastbill_155

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26 2008, 07:40

No, I didn't bring my regular camera.
Back to top Go down
flamra75
Admin
flamra75

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26 2008, 16:24

man... that was an interesting battle betwen you and Miguel, we almost need a photo finish.
Back to top Go down
http://flamra.com

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27 2008, 00:19

[quote="realfastbill_155"]Here's a short video with some of the Adult Novice and Formula 2 race. Sorry the quality is so crappy, next time will be better. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57JrP3DuV0I[/quote]

hahahah this is so cool... LOL poor me left all alone Smile).. i have some pics in my camera too..no have to figur out the best way to publish 'em
Back to top Go down
realfastbill_155

realfastbill_155

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27 2008, 13:11

flamra75 wrote:
man... that was an interesting battle betwen you and Miguel, we almost need a photo finish.

Yes, that was a good battle. I had more fun fighting for 4th in that race than I did getting 2nd in the Spec class! Smile
Back to top Go down
realfastbill_155

realfastbill_155

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27 2008, 13:12

[quote="chichia"]
realfastbill_155 wrote:
Here's a short video with some of the Adult Novice and Formula 2 race. Sorry the quality is so crappy, next time will be better. Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57JrP3DuV0I[/quote]

hahahah this is so cool... LOL poor me left all alone Smile).. i have some pics in my camera too..no have to figur out the best way to publish 'em

You didn't give up though, we were all cheering for you! If you had started better you surely would have taken 2nd at least!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07 2008, 23:28

am i the only one who is still waiting for pictures & results to be posted... Shocked Shocked ????
Back to top Go down
sabry418

sabry418

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08 2008, 08:24

chichia wrote:
am i the only one who is still waiting for pictures & results to be posted... Shocked Shocked ????

The pictures has been posted, there is a photobucket link. and the results takes time to organize everything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congrats for FLAMRA first race!   Congrats for FLAMRA first race! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Congrats for FLAMRA first race!
Page 1 of 1